These adorable sugar cookies might just be too cute to eat…..but I think we will manage.
These bear sugar cookies are super simple to make and and are perfect for Valentines Day or really any occasion where you want to show a little extra love . Follow the instructions below to create these in your kitchen, or watch this quick video.
- Sugar Cookie Dough (homemade or store bought)
- Food Coloring (I used brown and pink)
- Bear Cookie Cutter (I used this one)
- Heart Cookie Cutter
- Make your favorite sugar cookie recipe, I used this one.
- Divide your dough into two
- Using food coloring, dye half of the dough brown and the other half pink (I used brown for the bears and pink for the hearts)
- Roll out the dough for both the bears and hearts (you want it to be on the thin side since you are stacking cookies) and cut using the cookie cutters
- Place the bear cookies on a lined cookie sheet and then gently place the hearts over the bear
- Gently stretch out the bears arms and then place them on the hearts (like the bear is giving the heart a hug). Gently press down to hold the arms in place on the heart
- Optional, add sprinkles or faces to the bears using a tooth pick
- Bake according to sugar cookie instructions