Scrumptious scones that are ridiculously easy
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 Stick Very Cold Butter
- ⅓ Cup Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cardamom
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Blueberries or filling of choice
- Remove the stick of butter from the refrigerator and cut it into small cubes. Place the butter back in the refridgerator.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F and line two baking sheets.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together your dry ingredients (flour, sugar, salt, and cardamom)
- In a separate bowl, mix together the heavy cream, vanilla, and egg.
- Remove the butter from the refrigerator and add it to the dry ingredient bowl. Use your fingers to toss and pinch the butter into the dry ingredient mixture until the butter becomes the size of peas. You want the mixture to be crumbly.
- Create a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients.
- Give the mixture a quick stir and then add the blueberries.
- Mix the berries in for just a couple of seconds and then dump the mixture onto a lightly floured surface (you don't want the mixture to be fully incorporated yet).
- Gently press together the dough to make it more incorporated. Cut the dough in half and place one half on top of the other and gently press them together. Repeat this one to two more times.
- Once the mixture if fully incorporated, pat it into a circle or square about 1 inch thick and cut into wedges.
- Place the scone wedges on your lined baking sheets and set them in the fridge for 20-30 minutes until they are set.
- Brush the tops of the scones with heavy cream.
- Bake at 400°F for 20-25 minutes.