Cornflake chicken is nostalgia and deliciousness all in one for me, as my mom use to make this chicken all of the time when I was growing up. We always had to pair the chicken with mashed potatoes because the combination of the soft potatoes with the crunchy cornflakes that fall off the chicken is beyond yummy!
The cornflakes give the chicken a great flavor and crunch without you having to fry it. All you need are some crushed up cornflakes, chicken, oil, melted butter, and seasoning.
Make this chicken once and you will be hooked, I promise.
- 1 lbs chicken breast or tenderloins
- 3 cups cornflakes crushed up
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or oil of choice
- 4 tbsp butter melted
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- In a large bag or bowl, crush up your cornflakes into small pieces.
- In a 9×13" baking dish, drizzle your avocado oil in the pan and then add a layer of cornflakes so that they cover a good portion of the pan (where you plan to place the chicken).
- Place your chicken pieces on top of the cornflakes.
- Cover the top of the chicken with the remaining cornflakes.
- Pour the melted butter on top of the cornflake chicken.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake for about 45 minutes (closer to an hour if you are using large chicken breast).
- If you want your chicken extra crispy, remove the foil for the last 10 minutes.