I won’t lie, I was counting down the days until it was may dogs first birthday so that I could make him a cake. When it comes to a dog safe cake, you want something simple and for all of the ingredients to be dog safe. I used ingredients that I already had in my pantry and decorated it with strawberries and blueberries. It is safe to say that he LOVED it (not that it is saying much since he eats just about anything he find on the sidewalk).
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1/4 Cup Applesauce Unsweetened
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Honey
- ¼ tsp Baking soda
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- ½ Cup Peanut Butter for the frosting
- ½ Cup Plain Greek Yogurt for the frosting
- Add all of the cake ingredients into a bowl (everything besides the ½ cup of peanut butter and yogurt) and stir until combined.
- Pour the mixture into either a cake pan, bread loaf pan, or cup cake tins. (I baked mine in a 8" round cake pan, then used a biscuit cutter at the end to make a layered cake)
- Bake at 350°F for around 12 minutes