Chocolate chip granola bars have been one of my favorite snacks since my mom use to put one in my lunch box every day in elementary school. I was at the grocery store the other day looking at the granola bars after I got a craving when I looked at the ingredients list. Most of the granola bars at my grocery store had a long list of ingredients. So, I decided to make some at home that are much cleaner, simpler, and versatile.
You can add any ingredients that you would like into these guys. Don’t want chocolate chips, no problem. Want fruit? Go for it!
Healthy Granola Bars
- 2 Cups Oats
- 4 tbsp Oil
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup nuts, finely crushed (I did almonds, pecans, and flax seeds)
- ¼ cup chocolate chips or ingredient of choice
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Add the oats to a baking sheet then bake 5 minutes, stir and bake another 3 to 5 minutes until lightly toasted. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the honey, vanilla, salt, and oil to a small bowl and mix.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the toasted oats and stir.
- Add in the nuts and chocolate chips and stir.
- Pour the mixture into a 8×8" pan.
- Put the granola bars in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or until set. Then enjoy!
- You can store the granola bars on the counter or the refrigerator for up to a week.