These whole wheat crepes have been a staple in my dessert and breakfast repertoire for years. Made with whole wheat flour and sweetened with honey, these crepes make for a healthy treat.
When I am craving something a little more indulgent, I spread nutella on top and am a happy lady. When I am looking for something healthier, I simply add what ever fruit I have on hand. You can also make these crepes savory by adding eggs, sausage, etc.
Typically you cook crepes in a crepe pan, but most of us don’t have those lying around. A medium non-stick pan will work just fine. I swirl a little butter in my pan before I start cooking to help it not stick.
- Swirl a little bit of butter in the pan before you start cooking to help the batter not stick.
- Use your spatula to distribute the batter at thin as possible in the pan.
Example of how I spread the batter in the pan to make the crepe as thin as possible.
Healthy Whole Wheat Crepes
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Cup Milk of choice
- ¾ Cup Water
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- ¼ tsp Salt
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Melt and swirl a small pat of butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Pour a small amount of the crepe batter into the pan. Use a utensil to swirl the batter around in a circle, making the batter as thin as possible when you do.
- Cook the crepe until it begins to brown then flip.
- Serve with fresh fruit, Nutella, or anything else your heart desires!